Monday, May 21, 2012

Stick to It

With the May showers come lots of fallen branches - some of which have fallen on our house.


  So... what to do -  what to do!    We've hauled truck loads to the recycle center  
(after I've picked through them of course -
 to pull out the best pieces) 

There are so many things you can make with branches and sticks....
Like these trellis-fences to hold up our lily's

It doesn't look like it in this picture - but the lilys will grow really tall - and then fall over, which makes it hard to mow.... these stick trellisses are just enough to keep them from laying flat on the ground  - or breaking off altogether. 

I made this free-form trellis after I got my nail gun for my birthday - - - wow what a difference it made as far as construction ease!   Night and day I tell you!  Night and Day!!  (I LOVE my nail gun.... I'm just saying!)


In this picture you can start to  see how the lillys grow - and these haven't reached full size yet.  They are especially pretty when they bloom!  Please imagine these carefully weeded....
thank you!

 My rosebush really loves this trellis - although I think I needed to make it about twice as big!


I wanted a split rail fence next to my shed so I could grow some climbing roses to spruce up the empty wood side...


My first attempt turned out more like a headboard than a fence.... I'll have to find a place in the back yard to put that.....


My second attempt - much better - turned out more like what I had in mind... and the best part...... it only cost me the price of some nails for my nail gun!  I can't wait to plant my rose bush!


more stick ideas to come.....






No comments:

Post a Comment