Sunday, December 26, 2010

After Christmas Blues.....

This morning when I woke up....  the tree still sparkled the way it did yesterday.....
The snow was still gently falling on the ground outside my living room window.....
The birds were singing and the sun was shining (although weakly) through the clouds......
But something had changed.  The magic, the anticipation of Christmas was gone from the air.... and in it's place a mixture of relief tinged with sadness.  The pressure was gone but so was the excitement.  Another year is almost over and with that knowledge I have  a few regrets.  Up ahead, however, comes another new year.  A fresh beginning, a clean slate.  It's an overwhelming anticipation - a challenge, an excitement of the changes to come.  What new things will 2011 bring into my life?  But today.... I rest and store up my strength for the year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment