Monday, February 28, 2011

Kitchen Renovations V



One step closer to getting the kitchen put back together - check out the new floor - Eddie has it done and it looks BEAUTIFUL!!


 Just pretend the cabinet doors are back on - and the weird funky wallpaper (who puts wallpaper on the end of a center island anyway?) - is not still exposed... for the purpose of this
"beautiful floor" picture.....


oh yes - and ignore the open blinds that show the still missing deck in the background... The FLOOR - FOCUS on the the floor!! - - isn't it beautiful?

and now - the cabinets.... I managed to quit the endless cycle of touch up painting long enough to get some of the doors back on and in place.  The hinges had flat head screws - I have decided I HATE flat head screws... they are the devil!  My drill kept slipping out of the groove -  knocking into the cabinets - leaving big gouges in the paint - which will mean I have to touch up some paint before all is said and done (AGAIN) - but LOOK - the cabinets have some doors!  Aren't we excited! : )


 No handles in place in this picture yet - but I have put up the wallpaper border....and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  If it hadn't stormed racoons and squirrels today- I would have gotten all of them on.  But - my dogs are afraid of thunderstorms so I had to come home and keep them company  - otherwise - they flip out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment