Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Resolve

And bam - the new year is here - I made my new year's resolutions and pinned them in an envelope on my bulletin board in my kitchen.  It took some thinking to keep from crossing that line between challenging myself and still keeping them within reach.... but I think I haven't put any of them too far up there.... I don't think, anyway.  Except for maybe that first one....and then there's the one at the bottom of the list.... well - there's gonna be a LOT of reaching going on in the year 2011.. but with some dilligence and some list making I should at least make some forward progress.

Did I mention I didn't seal my envelope? I was going to seal the envelope so that next year I could open it and then check my progress against my list... you know - so that I couldn't cheat  - It then occured to me that with my .... advanced age.... I might actually forget what my resolutions were and thus drastically reduce my chances of success.... and so - my decision to leave the envelope unsealed.... (that - and - the opportunity to amend them JUST A LITTLE - throughout the year - might be necessary - you know - to make them a little  um - higher... ya  - that's it)     

No comments:

Post a Comment