Sunday, January 16, 2011

Time Marches On

Getting older is not all bad - I mean - the gaining
experience part is pretty good, Getting to make
 house rules, decide what to fix for dinner, what
color to paint the living room - well -there's all
kinds of things that are good about getting older - but
the one thing that really drives me nuts is the
 memory losing part.   Take today, for instance - I 
had my hair pulled up in a wierd pony tail
 kindof thing in order to work on the house
and keep it out of my face.  It always reminds
me of this cartoon character and I was trying to
remember his name in order to tell my kids who it was. 
 I've been trying to remember his name now for about
two months to no avail so I tried to get them to
help me figure out what it was - and that's
when it happened........

His name is Ned something .... I said


 "Ned - from Ned's Declassified?"
my oldest daughter offered.....

"no - no - not  Ned  - do you really think my hair
looks like Ned?  he doesn't even have a ponytail...."


"Jimmy Neutron" - my youngest daughter chimed in
Thanks a lot - I thought - so now my hair looks
 like a giant chocolate chip.......

"NO! - I said - he's this guy that acts all goofy but
 he's not a cartoon character....."

"OH - pee wee Herman"... my oldest daughter said....

"Good heavens no - my hair REALLY doesn't look like his
 oh just forget it
I'll think of his name eventually....."

(dang my forgetful brain) - and then my husband
 hollered from the other room..... "you mean Ed Grimley
Martin Short's character on Saturday Night Live...".

OMG! - YES!  That's Exactly WHO I meant!
and then he said........ 
 "They're too young to know who that is honey!"

sheesh......

I'm so old I'm not only forgetting who I'm talking
about - but talking about people nobody knows!

Good Grief!

No comments:

Post a Comment