Thursday, January 6, 2011

An Unexpected Snowfall

Somebody in my house has been doing the "I don't want to go to school" - snow dance... because  - yesterday - even though the weather man didn't say it was going to snow.... I looked outside the window and saw a few big flakes lazily making
 their way to the ground.
Napoleon was shivering on his branch, but the ground was clear - so my husband and I prepared to go to the other house to get some major construction done... it was going to be a very
productive afternoon!


I know it wasn't my furry friends dancing in the yard - they prefer the warmer days to come out of their nests. But SOMEONE is to blame for what I came out to just several hours later......
Literally - 2 hours later - the roads were slushy - big sloppy snowflakes were falling from the sky, wet and smooshy and let me just tell you - Tennessee drivers do not like to drive in snow!!

 Unless they're on their 4 wheelers - and then they are all over it!  It would have been a beautiful sight if we had not been 15 miles from town on back country roads one steep hill away from a main road.  The neighbors came by to tell us that a school bus had slid down the hill sideways and was blocking the main exit from our neighborhood - so we took the long way around and made the trip about 20 minutes longer.
 I just don't get it - who could possibly have wanted snow again so soon ..... we just got rid of the last messy weather.... ? ?  
I wonder !


No comments:

Post a Comment